Sunday, January 11, 2009

Friendships

Being a wife a mother a grandmother working 40 hours a week and trying to maintain a comfortable home and a pretty garden, seeking friends has never been a priority of mine. My best friend is my husband and my daughter is the girlfriend I call just to say whats up. I am very thankful that Jesus is my friend. He understands everything. I don't have to explain to him anything. I need to start being a better friend to Jesus, I need to be as good to him as he is to me. I never think twice about being on the computer for hours, but to be honest I can't remember the last time I spent hours reading my bible. This is something I myself need to work on. I know that he is there waiting for me to be a better friend, by picking up his book that he wrote for me. This year I would like to try to start a routine every night after dinner I'm going to make myself a cup of tea, and put it in a pretty cup and sit in my favorite chair and read my bible for at least 20 minutes to spend time with my very best friend Jesus!


Proverbs 18:24
24 There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.

Proverbs 27:6
Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.


Ecclesiastes 4:10
If you fall, your friend can help you up. But if you fall without having a friend nearby, you are really in trouble.

John 15:13-14
13 There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

God Bless my friends,
Ginger

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful post Ginger. This is something I need to work on too. Thanks for the encouragement.
Charlotte

January 11, 2009 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Wonderful thoughts today Ginger. I have made the commitment this year to read my Bible more, it's wonderful. Your plan sounds wonderful!

Have a wonderful Sonday,
Blessings,
Kathi :)

January 11, 2009 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger Musings of A Minister said...

Good thoughts. Friendship is so important--not just having friends, but being a friend. Jesus--oh what a friend is he. Have a great Sunday!

January 11, 2009 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Ginger,
What a wonderful plan! A cup of tea in a beautiful cup, your bible, and spending time with your BEST FRIEND! Sounds pretty relaxing to me. Have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

January 11, 2009 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger SmilingSally said...

You are fortunate to have a husband AND a daughter so close. Like you, I need to work on my friendship with Jesus too. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

January 11, 2009 at 12:55 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Ginger, I have started to do my devotional in the evening. I crawl into bed with my bible and my devotional book and spend the time getting closer to God. Mornings are just too rushed now that I am working full time.

God bless.

January 11, 2009 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Ms.Daisy said...

Hi Ginger, There is nothing like spending time in the Lord's book. This year, I've started reading through Psalms and going a little slower...very relaxing and soothing.

Blessings,
Jean
P.S. I know how hard it is when you are working full time!

January 11, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home