Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The word Grace is by far one of my favorite words. I just love the way that it sounds, it's so delicate sounding. For a word that is so delicate it sure is powerful!

The Bible dictionary says this:

Grace :

1. Properly speaking that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, charm, sweetness,
loveliness.
2. Good will, loving-kindness, mercy.
The kindness of a master toward a slave. Thus by analogy, grace has come to signify the kindness of God to man.

In addition the work "grace" is given to someone who doesn't deserve it, hence undeserved favor, especially that kind or degree of favor bestowed on sinners through Jesus Christ. Grace, therefor is that unmerited favor of God toward fallen man whereby, for the sake of Christ the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth he has provided for man's redemption. He has from all eternity determined to extend favor toward all who have faith in Christ as Lord and Savior.


Ephesians 2 :8

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.

Like I said Grace is by far one of my favorite words.

God Bless,
Ginger

9 Comments:

Blogger Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound! Wonderful post Ginger. I always love seeing your churches, I love the old country churches, it's part of my past.

Have a blessed Sonday!
Kathi :)

September 28, 2008 at 12:30 PM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

Grace certainly is a beautiful word. I like the name women too. My Dad had a sister named Grace. She died before I was born so I never knew her. Sad.

September 28, 2008 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger Musings of A Minister said...

You probably already know that grace is also one of my favorite words. I preached many, many sermons on grace. The Scriptutes cover many other things so I hope I was balanced. The first song on my playlist is about grace.

September 28, 2008 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Blessings Ginger...Yes, it is a wonderful word GRACE...aMazing Grace and through it we are saved!
Though we don't deserve GRACE, it is the best gift we can receive!
But I'm glad you stopped by to bring home the gift of "You Lift My Spirit". Thanks for the visit & sharing the awesome power of GRACE!

September 28, 2008 at 2:25 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Grace, grace, marvelous grace...

September 28, 2008 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Thank you Ginger. I was pondering stewardship and needed to hear about grace today.

God bless.

September 28, 2008 at 6:21 PM  
Blogger God Chaser said...

Thanks and glory to God for His Grace. Thanks for sharing

September 28, 2008 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

Nice post, Ginger. Grace is a beautiful word especially when referring to God's grace.

September 29, 2008 at 2:03 PM  
Blogger Carrie Garvin said...

Yes Grace is such a beautiful & loving word. I was thrilled when my daughter chose this name for her youngest daughter. She is all that you described about the word Grace.

Hugs to you~ praying for little Max.

October 6, 2008 at 5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home