Saturday, January 3, 2009

Mary Did you Know

This is a song that I just heard for the first time.
The words are are so amazing. If you can
Just image Mary. I copy the words
so you can read them.
Mary, did you know that your Baby Boy Would one day walk on water?
Mary, did you know that your Baby Boy Would save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your Baby Boy Has come to make you new;
This Child that you delivered Will soon deliver you.
Mary, did you know that your Baby Boy Will give sight to a blind man?
Mary, did you know that your Baby Boy Will calm the storm with His hand?
Did you know that your Baby Boy Has walked where Angels trod?
When you kiss your Little Baby, You kiss the Face of God! Oh, Mary, did you know?
Oh, Mary, did you know?
The blind will see, the deaf will hear, The dead will live again.
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak The praises of the lamb!
Mary, did you know that your Baby Boy Is Lord of all creation?
Mary, did you know that your Baby Boy Will one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your Baby Boy Is Heaven's Perfect Lamb?
This sleeping Child you're holding Is the Great I Am!
God Bless,
Ginger

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you noticed how many people have this song playing on their blogs? I think it must be a favorite of just about everybody now. We sang this song in our special Christmas presentation when I was in the choir at Lincoln Heights. So it has been around for awhile but I think a lot of people are just discovering it. I love the words to it.
Have a great Sunday.
Charlotte

January 3, 2009 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger Joyfull said...

I love this song! I love how it reflects the tiny baby who is the Great I Am!

January 3, 2009 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger Musings of A Minister said...

Good song. Great words. These are good words to just sit and meditate on.

January 3, 2009 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

yes it is a lovely song you can probably get the tune form iTunes. Judith

January 3, 2009 at 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That song is wonderful, words written by Mark Lowry and music my Buddy Green. I bet back when they were scribbling it on paper way back they never imagined it would be such a powerful song. Thanks for posting the words, enjoyed reading them and proclaiming them in my heart.
Blessings to you and yours 2009,

January 3, 2009 at 5:34 PM  
Blogger Ruthie said...

That is one of my favorite Christmas songs. It really makes you think of what Mary might have been thinking about - such powerful words.
We had a station that played Christmas music all day long - and now it's ended. I miss all the Christmas songs.

January 3, 2009 at 10:57 PM  
Blogger SmilingSally said...

It's been out about ten years; it's one of my favorite Christmas songs.

January 4, 2009 at 3:58 AM  
Blogger Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

A wonderful song which blesses me every time I hear it. Thanks for sharing it here.
Have a wonderful and blessed New Year!

Blessings,
Sandi

January 4, 2009 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger Carrie Garvin said...

I adore this song...

January 5, 2009 at 4:59 AM  
Blogger Cherdecor said...

This song touches you like none other. I remember the first time I heard it too. I couldn't get the words out of my mind. "She touched the face of God." Awesome words!

January 5, 2009 at 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home