Sunday, November 30, 2008

Glory In The Morning

I read this poem in one of my favorite little books the other day and just wanted to share it with you. It is from Stories for a kindred Heart.
Glory in the Morning

It's 5:30 A.M. and the dark doors of Night. I sit on my porch swing under a dark-green umbrella of maple leaves that hover maternally over the porch roof. And I wait for Sun.

A Thin wisp of steam hovers expectantly over the coffee cup I hold.The air vibrates with ecstatic birdsong.Cat curls beside me for her final nap before breakfast. Morning-glories prepare to unfurl the blue trumpets. Then it happens, and I am as awestruck as if I had never seen a sunrise.

Curtains of Night draw back silently, and Sun bursts merrily over the blue haze of distant hills,painting earth in green and brown stripes. It is morning... and it is glorious!

I listen, and hear Sun whistle a song of new opportunity. I hear Nature's first day-son waiting to be sung, and am reminded that

"This is the day the Lord has made." And I decide to "rejoice and be glad in it."

By Linda Anderson

Morning is one of my favorite times of day and someday I will be able to do what she is doing in this poem. But in the mean time I give all the glory to God for giving us such beauty to enjoy!

Please pray for my mother in law. Her name is Vivian and she will be having back surgery this coming week. The day is still unknown. She is 79 and she is very weak, thank-you so very much.

God Bless,

Ginger


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great thoughts Ginger. I'm a morning person.
I was just putting a prayer request on the Spiritual Sundays blog when I heard the little ping on my computer that told me you had just put your post on. I hope she doesn't have to wait too long to have the surgery. If it was a TV show, they would have rushed her into surgery immediately. That doesn't happen in real life I guess.
Charlotte

November 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM  
Blogger Musings of A Minister said...

Great poem. Thanks for sharing. We are praying for Vivian.

November 30, 2008 at 8:07 AM  
Blogger SmilingSally said...

Oh, Ginger, I had back surgery in 2005. I will pray for your mother-in-law. I hope that her surgery goes well. Happy Spiritual Sunday!

November 30, 2008 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Ginger,
That was just beautiful; thanks for sharing it. I will remember your mother-in-law in prayer. My mother is having cataract surgery tomorrow, so I'll remember your loved one at the same time.

Blessings,
Sandi

November 30, 2008 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger Cherdecor said...

I loved your morning poem. Thanks for sharing it. I hope that your mother does well and that they do the surgery quickly so she won't suffer so long.

November 30, 2008 at 3:34 PM  
Blogger Carrie Garvin said...

I too love morning~ as I am always the first to rise (and the last to go to bed)~ lovely poem.

Also~ prayers for your mother for a quick recovery~ I will be praying for her & your family through this difficult time....

Big hug

December 2, 2008 at 8:07 PM  
Blogger Cat Russell said...

Good morning, Ginger..I enjoyed reading ur lovely blog..thanks for the link..Sending prayers for ur mother in law and ur family..

December 13, 2008 at 4:15 AM  
Blogger Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Wonderful poem. I am praying for Vivian!

December 21, 2008 at 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home